Need to integrate with a 3rd-party service that isn't already supported? The Zapier add-on will allow you to use Zapier as the middle-man!
Gravity Forms Zapier Add-On allows you to integrate Gravity Forms with over 200+ (and counting) online services. Zapier enables you to automate tasks between other online services such as Salesforce, Infusionsoft, GMail and over 200 more.
The Gravity Forms Zapier Add-On does not replace our existing add-ons such as AWeber, Batchbook, ConstantContact, MailChimp, Email Marketing 360, etc. but does provide you with a way to integrate with services that we may not already support via the UXi Add-Ons dashboard.
In order to use the Gravity Forms Zapier Add-On you must have a Zapier account. Zapier is a paid service and pricing is based on volume and usage.
Find more about Zapier pricing here.
Unlike most Gravity Forms Add-Ons, the majority of the setup involved in integrating with Zapier will occur on the Zapier side via their customer dashboard.
Creating a Zap is a 3 step process that must happen in tandem with configuring the Zapier integration in Gravity Forms. So the first part of the integration will take place within Zapier, the second part of the integration within Gravity Forms and the final part of the integration within Zapier once again.
While it may seem confusing at first, it is easy to implement.
The best way to make the process as easy as possible is to take advantage of browser tabs and multiple monitors! Start by logging into both the UXi dashboard in one tab, the Zapier dashboard in another, and the third-party service you're connecting to in a third.
Step 1: Activate the add-on.
- From the UXi dashboard, activate the Gravity Forms Zapier Add-On add-on by navigating to the add-ons page and clicking Add.
- When the add-on is active, click Forms from the admin menu.
- Open the Settings > Zapier dashboard for the form you plan to integrate with Zapier. Click Add New.
Pump the breaks right there; You're doing great so far! Click over to the Zapier dashboard now.
Step 2: Set-up the Zap Trigger and Connect To UXi.
- From the Zapier dashboard, click on the “Make a Zap” button to begin.
- From the “Trigger Service” drop down search and select “Gravity Forms” from the list of available services.
- Once you have selected Gravity Forms as your Trigger Service you will then be presented with a “Trigger” drop down. Select “New Form Submission” which is currently the only trigger available.
- Zapier will now display the Webhook URL that is a vital piece of the Gravity Forms integration. This Webhook URL is what Gravity Forms will use to trigger this Zap you are creating in Zapier. Copy-n-paste this Webhook URL. You will be presented with a blue “OK, I did This" button.
DO NOT CLICK ON THIS BUTTON. Now it's time to test the connection from Zapier to UXi, Copy the webhook URL.
From the Zapier Form Settings page click the Add New button to add a new Zapier Feed.
You will be presented with the interface to create a new Zapier Feed. Here you will enter the Zap Name, paste the webhook URL, and configure any available options.
A. The Zap Name This can be whatever you would like it to be. It is used for you to identify what this does. So if this zap integrates your form with Hubspot and creates a contact, then you could name the zap “Hubspot Contact Creation Zap”. The Zap Name is for your benefit so you can distinguish between multiple integrations if your form will be integrating with multiple Zaps.
B. Webhook URL This is the critical piece of the integration. This is what was provided to you by Zapier in the last step above. If you did not copy-n-paste it while in Zapier, switch to the browser tab where Zapier is open and copy-n-paste this Webhook URL. Then past this URL in the Webhook URL setting in the Zapier Feed in Gravity Forms.
C. Additional Settings You can then configure if this Zapier Feed is Active or Inactive or configure Conditional Logic that can be used to determine if and when this Zapier Feed is triggered.
After configuring the Zapier Fields, click on the Save Zapier Feed button and the Feed will be created.
Now back to the Zapier dashboard! It's time to test the connection to Gravity Forms.
Click the blue Continue button.
As the screen will show, the next step is to make a test entry on the form. This will help us map the info from the form entry to the CRM.
After making the form submission on the UXi site, click view your form submission to verify your entry was received by Zapier. If you do not see your entry, click the Re-test Gravity Forms to get another form submission until you do.
Step 3: Choose an Action App
At this point, it will be highly beneficial to make sure you're logged-in to the third-party service you're connecting!
- Select the service you would like to integrate with by selecting from the “Action Service” drop down.
- Select the “Action” you would like to occur from the drop down that will appear below the “Action Service” once you select the service you would like to integrate with.
- Connect the third-party account. This is typically done with an automated pop-up window that will ask for an API key. Each third-party service has their own criteria, follow any instructions included in the pop-up window.
- Once connected, give the account a name that'll identify it from any other connected accounts, and click Save + Continue.
- Fill out each field by using the dropdown list to insert the value from the UXi form submission. Please note that any field listed as required will also need to be required on the form! When all the necessary fields have been mapped, click Continue
- View the info listed in the test submission and make sure the necessary info is correctly mapped.
- Click Send Test.
Once you've made a successful test, Turn the Zap on, and go look for your entry int he CRM. If there are issues, troubleshoot and re-test.